At 8 a.m. Wednesday, Hutto’s only grocery store opened at 5000 Gattis School Road at SH 130.
The 121,000-square-foot H-E-B Plus offers everyday grocery items and gourmet selections. New brand innovations such as Mia’s Mirror, Meal Simple and Primo Picks are part of the business.
The store is open 6 a.m.-midnight seven days a week and employs 350 people. It includes a full-service meat market, hand-rolled sushi, a bulk health living section, a deli, scratch bakery and in-house roasted meats.
“We are thrilled to open and share the new Hutto H-E-B Plus with the entire community,” said General Manager Reb Burgert. “We spent several years planning the right-sized store for this growing community and we hope shoppers are as excited as we are about the variety of offerings, like the Mia’s Mirror accessory boutique, the expanded H-E-B Meal Simple products and the largest beer and wine department in the company. We look forward to celebrating with all of our neighbors on opening day.”
As part of the grand opening, H-E-B is giving donations to five local community organizations.
The store also has a selection of electronics, toys, housewares, grilling and outdoor furniture, apparel, party supplies and live plants. Here are 14 features of the new Hutto H-E-B Plus:
• Located at the front of the store, Blooms is a specialty boutique that offers fresh flowers, bouquets, housewares, home goods and home décor. With a floral designer on staff, Blooms can help with everything from small celebrations to large weddings and events.
• Mia’s Mirror is a boutique featuring boutique brands, fashion jewelry collections, gifts, handbags, shoes, western boots and even boutique style.
• A Texas Front Yard with grills, patio furniture, plants, trees for an outdoor living space. Do-it-yourselfers will find selections from potting soil; plants to décor items and ceramics.
• An entertainment department offers an assortment of televisions, games, electronics, accessories and movies.
• The Cooking Connection features in-store cooking demonstrations, and shoppers can stop by anytime with questions, or to get creative recipes and cooking ideas for meal solutions using unique and distinctive products.
• The Primo Picks Kitchen highlights recipes and samples made with exclusive Primo Pick items available only at H-E-B.
• A Kitchen and Dining Specialty Shop within the store offers small appliances, kitchen gadgets, accessories, and both bakeware and cookware.
• The beer & wine department is the largest in the company, featuring a sampling station along with a dedicated beer wine manager and staff.
• Healthy Living will be the place for anyone interested in bulk foods and spices. The department will also feature fresh-ground nut butters and local jerky, natural and organic body products, sports nutrition, energy bars and supplements.
• The produce department will be home to an assortment of fresh fruits and vegetables, seasonal favorites, and a variety of organic and locally grown products. The produce department will also feature a fresh squeezed juice bar using fresh citrus squeezed, as well as a fresh cut fruit bar featuring a wide selection of delicious fruits that are conveniently cut and ready to serve.
• The bakery will feature in-store scratch artisan breads baked fresh every day, and a large variety of decadent desserts, pastries and custom cakes.
• Busy families and commuters can stay on schedule with chef inspired oven-ready ‘heat and eat’ H-E-B Meal Simple products as well as ready to eat, ready to cook, and ready to prepare meals for streamlining home-cooked family favorites.
• The deli offers a variety of natural turkeys, ham and roast beef that are slow roasted in-store daily and available sliced to order or by the pound, as well as an expanded assortment of fresh cut imported cheeses and specialty foods.
• A full-service seafood department with fresh fish and seafood delivered daily, and a Sushiya sushi bar offers hand-rolled sushi available for take home.