How to help Central Texas flood victims
If you would like to help Central Texas flood victims, contact these agencies:
- Raising donations to help flood victims and has established a victim and public hotline, 512-806-0800.
- Funds will be distributed directly to families in the form of gift cards.
- To make a donation, go to their website or mail a check to: PO Box 3817, Cedar Park, TX 78630, Attn: Memorial Weekend Flood Fund.
Photo Credit: Jay Janner
2218 Pershing Drive, Austin, TX 78723
- Donate by check or in person
- Make a donation by phone
- Give using your credit or debit card by calling (512) or (800) 928-4271. They accept MasterCard, Visa, Discover and American Express.
- Text REDCROSS to 90999
- Make a $10 donation to American Red Cross National Disaster Relief.
- Go to this website for more information on how to donate
- Volunteers are needed to work in four-hour shifts to monitor the washers and dryers for the next week. In addition, we are asking for financial donations to support our disaster relief efforts.
- The Salvation Army uses 100% of all disaster donations in support of disaster relief operations. Financial donations can be made in the following ways to support The Salvation Army local response to the Central Texas flooding:Online at salvationarmyaustin.org, or by mail by sending checks to The Salvation Army, PO Box 1000, Austin, Texas 78767.
- Text HELPAUSTINAREA to 41444. Include your name and the amount you want to donate.
- The Salvation Army is currently not able to accept donated goods for the Austin-area flood disaster relief. Financial donations are greatly appreciated and will help support our ongoing relief efforts.
The United Way of Greater Austin has made it easy to help flood victims. Text UWATX to 85944 or give online at UWATX.org/flood